Contact: Linda Alexander
856-256-2300, ext. 2411 email@example.com
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
American Nephrology Nurses Association Announces National, Regional Election Results
PITMAN, NJ Donna Bednarski, MSN, ANP, BC, CNN, CNP, has been elected national president-elect of the American Nephrology Nurses Association (ANNA) for 2008-09. Bednarskis responsibilities will include serving on the National Board of Directors (BOD) and as liaison to assigned committees. Bednarski is a nephrology nurse practitioner at Harper University Hospital, Detroit, MI.
Along with Bednarski, additional officers were elected to serve on ANNAs BOD for 2008-09 (listed below). The new officers will assume their respective positions at the conclusion of ANNAs 39th National Symposium in Philadelphia, PA, April 27-30, 2008.
National and Regional Officers
Rowena Elliott, PhD, MSN, RN, CNN, BC, CLNC, was elected as ANNAs national secretary and will be responsible for all meeting minutes, correspondence and to-do lists/task progression. She will also ensure all policies and procedures are up to date and in compliance. Elliott is community outreach coordinator for Network 8, Inc., Flowood, MS.
In the regional elections, Loretta Jackson Brown, MSN, RN, CNN, was elected to serve as Southeast vice president. Jackson Brown is chief nurse of the 94 Aeromedical Staging Squadron at Dobbins Air Force Reserve Base, Marietta, GA, where she holds the rank of Lieutenant Colonel. Nancy Pierce, BSN, RN, CNN, was elected to serve as Western vice president. Pierce is dialysis director at St. Peters Hospital, Helena, MT.
Regional vice presidents are responsible for managing ANNAs day-to-day activities within a defined geographic area. They serve on ANNAs BOD and act as liaisons between the BOD and local, regional and national members, as well as committees. Regional vice presidents are also assigned special projects.
Also in the regional elections, members elected other leaders as follows:
- Alice Campanelli, BSN, RN, CNN, CURN, a renal educator at Holy Name Hospital, Teaneck, NJ, was elected Northeast chapters coordinator-elect (CCE).
- Rebecca Benfield, BS, RN, CDN, staff development coordinator, Asheville Health Care Center, Swannanoa, NC, was named Southeast CCE.
- Mary Kay Larson, BS, MSN, CNN, APRN-BC, a nurse practitioner, Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood, IL, was named North Central CCE.
- Sheila Doss, RN, CNN, CCRA, nursing director of research at Satellite Healthcare, Inc., Mountain View, CA, was elected Western CCE.
CCEs coordinate and supervise regional chapter activities, report to regional vice presidents and serve as members on appropriate committees.
2008-09 ANNA Board of Directors
With the elections complete, ANNAs 2008-09 National Board of Directors is composed of:
- President: Sue Cary, MN, ANP, NP, RN, CNN, Baton Rouge, LA
- President-Elect: Donna Bednarski, MSN, APRN, BC, CNN, CNP, Canton, MI
- Immediate Past President: Sandra Bodin, MA, RN, CNN, Superior, WI
- Treasurer: Donna Painter, MS, RN, CNN, Corsicana, TX
- Secretary: Rowena Elliott, PhD, MSN, RN, CNN, BC, CLNC, Port Gibson, MS
- Northeast Vice President: Debra Castner, MSN, APRN-C, RN, CNN, Forked River, NJ
- Southeast Vice President: Loretta Jackson Brown, MSN, RN, CNN, Lawrenceville, GA
- North Central Vice President: Molly Cahill, APRN-BC, ANP-C, RN, CNN, Leawood, KS
- Western Vice President: Nancy Pierce, BSN, RN, CNN, Elliston, MT
- Executive Director: Mike Cunningham, Pitman, NJ
For more information about ANNA, visit the associations Web site, www.annanurse.org, or contact the National Office at East Holly Avenue, Box 56, Pitman, NJ 08071-0056; phone: 888-600-2662 or 856-256-2320; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
# # #
ANNA is a professional nursing association with over 12,000 members. Its mission is to advance nephrology nursing practice and positively influence outcomes for patients with kidney disease through advocacy, scholarship, and excellence.