Contact: Linda Alexander
856-256-2300, ext. 2411 email@example.com
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
American Nephrology Nurses Association Announces National, Regional Election Results
PITMAN, NJ Sue Cary, MN, APRN, NP, RN, CNN, has been elected national president-elect of the American Nephrology Nurses Association (ANNA) for 2007-08. Carys responsibilities will include serving on the National Board of Directors (BOD) and as liaison to assigned committees. Cary is a nephrology nurse practitioner, Ochsner Health Systems of Baton Rouge, LA.
Along with Cary, additional officers were elected to serve on ANNAs BOD for 2007-08 (listed below). The new officers will assume their respective offices at the conclusion of ANNAs 38th National Symposium in Dallas, TX, April 22-25, 2007.
National and Regional Officers
Donna Painter, MS, RN, CNN, was named as ANNAs national treasurer and is responsible for overseeing ANNAs financial matters, including budget preparation, chapter/regional reporting, and ensuring sound fiscal management for the association. Painter is regional vice president for Fresenius Medical Care, East Texas Region.
In the regional elections, Debra Castner, MSN, APRN-C, RN, CNN, supervisor for the CKD Health & Wellness Education Program, Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of NJ, Farmingdale, NJ, was elected to a second term as Northeast vice president. Molly Cahill, MSN, APRN-BC, NP-C, RN, CNN, a nurse practitioner, Arms, Dodge, Robinson, Wilber & Crouch, Inc. (ADRWC, Inc.), Kansas City, MO, was elected to serve as North Central vice president.
Regional vice presidents are responsible for managing ANNAs day-to-day activities within a defined geographic area. They serve as liaisons between local, regional and national members, as well as between the Board of Directors and committees. Regional vice presidents are also assigned special projects.
Also in the regional elections, members elected other leaders as follows:
- Paula Richards, MSN, RN, CNN, acute dialysis clinical manager for Fresenius Medical Care, Plymouth Meeting, PA, was elected to serve as Northeast chapters coordinator-elect (CCE).
- Janie Martinez, BSN, RN, CCRN, CNN, a nephrology nurse clinician, Alamo Kidney Health, San Antonio, TX, was named Southeast CCE.
- Sharon Bunnell, BSN, RN, CNN, a staff nurse/charge nurse, Dialysis Clinic, Inc., Kansas City, MO, was named North Central CCE.
- Pete-Reuben Calixto, BSN, RN, CNN, a clinical nurse, University of California, San Francisco, CA, was elected Western CCE.
CCEs coordinate and supervise regional chapter activities, report to regional vice presidents and serve as members on appropriate committees.
2007-08 ANNA Board of Directors
With the elections complete, ANNAs 2007-08 National Board of Directors is composed of:
- President: Sandra Bodin, MA, RN, CNN, Superior, WI
- President-Elect: Sue Cary, MN, APRN, NP, RN, CNN, Baton Rouge, LA
- Immediate Past President: JoAnne Gilmore, BSN, RN, CNN, Scottsdale, AZ
- Treasurer: Donna Painter, MS, RN, CNN, Corsicana, TX
- Secretary: Jenny Bell, BSN, CNN, CCTC, Scottsdale, AZ
- Northeast Vice President: Debra Castner, MSN, APRN-C, RN, CNN, Forked River, NJ
- Southeast Vice President: Cheryl Groenhoff, MSN, RN, MBA/HCM, CNN, Plantation, FL
- North Central Vice President: Molly Cahill, APRN-BC, ANP-C, RN, CNN, Leawood, KS
- Western Vice President: Sally Campoy, MS, APRN, BC, CNN, Denver, CO
- Executive Director: Mike Cunningham, Pitman, NJ
For more information about ANNA, visit the associations Web site, www.annanurse.org, or contact the National Office at East Holly Avenue, Box 56, Pitman, NJ 08071-0056; phone: 888-600-2662 or 856-256-2320; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
# # #
ANNA will advance nephrology nursing practice and positively influence outcomes for patients with kidney disease through advocacy, scholarship, and excellence.