March 16, 2006
Contact: Linda Alexander
856-256-2300, ext. 2411 email@example.com
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
American Nephrology Nurses Association Announces National, Regional Election Results
PITMAN, NJ Sandra Bodin, MA, RN, CNN, has been elected national president-elect of the American Nephrology Nurses Association (ANNA) for 2006-07. Bodins responsibilities will include serving on the National Board of Directors (BOD) and as liaison to assigned committees. Bodin, of Superior, WI, is lead clinical informatics analyst, St. Marys/Duluth Clinic Health System, Duluth, MN.
Along with Bodin, additional officers were elected to serve on ANNAs BOD for 2006-07 (listed below). The new officers will assume their respective offices at the conclusion of ANNAs 37th National Symposium in Nashville, TN, April 2-5, 2006.
National and Regional Officers
Jenny Bell, BSN, CNN, CCTC, was named as ANNAs national secretary and will be responsible for all meeting minutes, correspondence and to-do lists/task progression. She will also ensure all policies and procedures are up to date and in compliance. Bell is transplant coordinator for the kidney and pancreas transplant program, Banner Good Samaritan Medical Center, Phoenix, AZ.
In the regional elections, Cheryl L. Groenhoff, MSN, RN, MBA/HCM, CNN, a kidney patient educator for Baxter Healthcare, Renal Division, South Florida, was elected to the position of Southeast vice president. Sally Campoy, MS, APRN, BC, CNN, a nurse practitioner in nephrology, Denver Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Denver, CO, was elected to serve as Western vice president. Regional vice presidents are responsible for managing ANNAs day-to-day activities within a defined geographic area. They serve as liaisons between local, regional and national members, as well as between the Board of Directors and committees. Regional vice presidents are also assigned special projects.
Also in the regional elections, members elected other leaders as follows:
- Marilyn Eilert, RN, CNN, nurse manager of the hemodialysis acute unit, Holy Name Hospital, Teaneck, NJ, was elected to serve as Northeast Chapters coordinator-elect (CCE).
- Loretta Jackson Brown, MSN, RN, CNN, a clinical nurse specialist, Gwinnett Medical Center, Lawrenceville, GA, and a Major in the Air Force reserve at Dobbins ARB, Marietta, GA, was named Southeast CCE.
- Maryam Lyon, RN, CNN, a clinical nurse manager, Dayton Regional Dialysis, Dayton, Ohio, was named North Central CCE.
- Alice Luehr, BA, RN, CNN, a dialysis staff nurse, St. Peters Hospital, Helena, MT, was elected Western CCE.
CCEs coordinate and supervise regional chapter activities, report to regional vice presidents and serve as members on appropriate committees.
2006-07 ANNA Board of Directors
With the elections complete, ANNAs 2006-07 National Board of Directors is composed of:
- President: JoAnne Gilmore, BSN, RN, CNN, Scottsdale, AZ
- Immediate Past President: Suzann VanBuskirk, BSN, RN, CNN, Elkton, MD
- President-Elect: Sandra Bodin, MA, RN, CNN, Superior, WI
- Treasurer: Norma Gomez, MBA, RN, CNN, Homestead, FL
- Secretary: Jenny Bell, BSN, CNN, CCTC, Phoenix, AZ
- Northeast Vice President: Debra Castner, MSN, RN, APNC, CNN, Forked River, NJ
- Southeast Vice President: Cheryl Groenhoff, MSN, RN, MBA/HCM, CNN, Plantation, FL
- North Central Vice President: Donna Bednarski, MSN, RN, CS, CNP, CNN, Canton, MI
- Western Vice President: Sally Campoy, MS, APRN, BC, CNN, Denver, CO
- Executive Director: Mike Cunningham, Pitman, NJ
For more information about ANNA, visit the associations Web site, www.annanurse.org, or contact the National Office at East Holly Avenue, Box 56, Pitman, NJ 08071-0056; phone: 888-600-2662 or 856-256-2320; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
# # #
ANNA is a professional nursing association with over 12,000 members. Its mission is to advance nephrology nursing practice and positively influence outcomes for patients with kidney disease processes requiring replacement therapies
through advocacy, scholarship and excellence.