May 19, 2005
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Information: Janet D'Alesandro
(856) 256-2422; email@example.com
American Nephrology Nurses Association Inducts New Officers for 2005-06
PITMAN, NJ The new officers of the American Nephrology Nurses Association (ANNA) assumed their positions at ANNAs 36th National Symposium, April 18-21, 2005, in Las Vegas, NV.
The 2005-06 officers assumed their posts during the Nephrology Nurse Day Recognition Luncheon on Wednesday, April 20. During the ceremonies, incoming ANNA President Suzann VanBuskirk, BSN, RN, CNN, of Elkton, MD, accepted the Vision Crystal from outgoing President Lesley C. Dinwiddie, MSN, RN, FNP, CNN. The crystal is an ANNA tradition that symbolizes the passing of presidential responsibilities from one president to the next.
After accepting the crystal, VanBuskirk told attendees that she would use the clarity and light symbolic of this crystal to guide and focus ANNA through the challenges and opportunities of the coming year.
The members of the 2005-06 ANNA Board of Directors are as follows:
- President: Suzann Van Buskirk, BSN, RN, CNN, Director of Nursing Services, DaVita, Inc., Elkton, MD.
- President-Elect: JoAnne Gilmore, BSN, RN, CNN, Clinical Writer/Manager of Policies & Procedures, DaVita, Inc., Scottsdale, AZ.
- Immediate Past President: Lesley C. Dinwiddie, MSN, RN, FNP, CNN, Nephrology Nurse Consultant, Cary, NC.
- Secretary: Glenda M. Payne, MS, RN, CNN, Nurse Consultant, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services Dallas, Dallas, TX.
- Treasurer: Norma Gomez, MBA, RN, CNN, Director of Central Education, Gambro Healthcare, Homestead, FL.
- Northeast Vice President: Debra Castner, MSN, RN, APNC, CNN, Team Leader, Disease Management, ESRD/CKD, Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield, Farmingdale, NJ.
- Southeast Vice President: Sue Preuett Cary, MN, APRN, NP, CNN, Associate Professor/Adult Nurse Practitioner, Ochsner Nephrology Department, Baton Rouge, LA.
- North Central Vice President: Donna Bednarski, MSN, RN, CS, CNP, CNN, Clinical Nurse Specialist and Nurse Practitioner, Nephrology, Harper University Hospital, Detroit, MI.
- Western Vice President: Lynda K. Ball, BS, BSN, RN, CNN, Quality Improvement Coordinator, Northwest Renal Network, Seattle, WA.
- Executive Director: Michael Cunningham, Anthony J. Jannetti, Inc., Pitman, NJ.
ANNAs Regional Officers for 2005-06 are as follows:
- Northeast Chapters Coordinator: Marilyn Eilert, RN, CNN, Nurse Manager, Holy Name Hospital, Teaneck, NJ.
- Northeast Chapters Coordinator-Elect: B. Sandra Miholics, RN, CNN, Nurse Case Manager, Renaissance Health Care, Neshanic Station, NJ.
- Southeast Chapters Coordinator: Cheryl L. Groenhoff, MSN, MBA, RN, CNN, Kidney Patient Educator, Baxter HealthCare Renal Division, Park City, IL.
- Southeast Chapters Coordinator-Elect: Emily Hodgin, BSN, RN, CNN, CPHQ, Director - Quality Improvement, Southeastern Kidney Council, Raleigh, NC,
North Central Region
- North Central Chapters Coordinator:Susan Blalock, MS, RN, CNN, Administrator, Dialysis Treatment Center of North County, St. Louis, MO.
- North Central Chapters Coordinator-Elect: Sylvia M. Moe, BSN, RN, CNN, Dialysis Staff Nurse, Mayo Medical Center in Rochester, MN.
- Western Chapters Coordinator:Joan Camarro Simard, MS, RN, CNN, Information System Coordinator, I H C Dialysis Centers, Utah Dialysis, Salt Lake City, UT.
- Western Chapters Coordinator-Elect: Nancy B. Pierce, BSN, RN, CNN, Dialysis Director, St. Peters Hospital, Helena, MT.
For more information about ANNA, visit the associations Web site, www.annanurse.org, or contact the National Office at East Holly Avenue, Box 56, Pitman, NJ 08071-0056; phone: 888-660-2660 or 856-256-2320; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
ANNA is a professional nursing association with 11,900 members. Its mission is to advance nephrology nursing practice and positively influence outcomes for patients with kidney disease processes requiring replacement therapies through advocacy, scholarship, and excellence.