FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Information: Janet D'Alesandro
(856) 256-2422; firstname.lastname@example.org
American Nephrology Nurses' Association Inducts 2012-13 National Officers
Pitman, NJ The American Nephrology Nurses Association (ANNA) inducted their new national officers during the associations 43rd National Symposium, April 29-May 2, 2012, in Orlando, FL.
The 2012-13 officers assumed their new positions at the Nephrology Nurse Recognition Luncheon on Tuesday, May 1. Incoming President Glenda Payne, MS, RN, CNN, of Duncanville, TX, accepted the transition of responsibility from outgoing President Rowena Elliott, PhD, RN, CNN, BC, CNE, of Petal, MS.
After accepting the gavel, Payne gave an inspirational speech outlining her goals for the upcoming year. She told attendees she will focus on encouraging each member to actively make a difference in advancing the specialty, promoting excellence in patient care, and advocating for positive change in the nations health policy.
Also inducted during the luncheon were Norma Gomez, MSN, MBA, RN, CNN, of Russellville, TN (national president-elect); Lynda Ball, MSN, RN, CNN, of Everett, WA (national secretary); Cindy Richards, BSN, RN, CNN, of Birmingham, AL (Southeast vice president); Sheila Doss-McQuitty, BSN, RN, CNN, CCRA, of San Jose, CA (Western vice president); Marianne Neumann, RN, CNN, of Rensselaer, NY (Northeast chapters coordinator-elect [CCE]); Sara Kennedy, BSN, RN, CNN, of Hoover, AL (Southeast CCE); Nancy Smith, BSN, RN, CNN, of Kerkhoven, MN (North Central CCE); and Susie Soares-Phillips, RN, CNN, of Turlock, CA (Western CCE).
View complete list of ANNAs Board of Directors with photos
2012-13 ANNA Board of Directors
- President: Glenda Payne, MS, RN, CNN, Duncanville, TX
- President-Elect: Norma Gomez, MSN, MBA, RN, CNN, Russellville, TN
- Immediate Past President: Rowena Elliott, PhD, RN, CNN, BC, CNE, Petal, MS
- Treasurer: Charla Litton, MSN, APRN, FNP-BC, CNN, Haughton, LA
- Secretary: Lynda Ball, MSN, RN, CNN, Everett, WA
- Northeast Vice President: Paula Richards, MSN, RN, CNN, Perkasie, PA
- Southeast Vice President: Cindy Richards, BSN, RN, CNN, Birmingham, AL
- North Central Vice President: Phyllis Wille, MS, RN, FNP-C, CNN, Champaign, IL
- Western Vice President: Sheila Doss-McQuitty, BSN, RN, CNN, CCRA, San Jose, CA
- Executive Director: Michael Cunningham, BS, CAE, Pitman, NJ
ANNA is a professional nursing association with over 10,000 members. Its mission is to advance nephrology nursing practice and positively influence outcomes for individuals with kidney disease through advocacy, scholarship, and excellence.