FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Information: Janet D'Alesandro
(856) 256-2422; firstname.lastname@example.org
American Nephrology Nurses Association Inducts New Officers for 2008-09
PITMAN, NJ The new officers of the American Nephrology Nurses Association (ANNA) assumed their positions at ANNAs 39th National Symposium, April 27-30, 2008, in Philadelphia, PA.
The 2008-09 officers were inducted during the Nephrology Nurse Day Recognition Luncheon April 29. During the ceremonies, incoming ANNA President Sue Cary, MN, APRN, NP, CNN, a nurse practitioner at Ochsner Health System, Baton Rouge, LA, accepted the Vision Crystal from outgoing President Sandra Bodin, MA, RN, CNN. The crystal is an ANNA tradition that symbolizes the passing of presidential responsibilities from one president to the next.
After accepting the crystal, Cary outlined her goals which include promoting the nephrology nursing specialty, increasing ANNA membership, and continuing ANNAs advocacy efforts on health policy issues involving nephrology. Cary will also focus on generational issues in the work place and on mentoring nephrology nurses for future leadership roles.
The members of the 2008-09 ANNA Board of Directors are as follows:
- President: Sue Cary, MN, APRN, NP, CNN, Adult Nurse Practitioner, Ochsner Nephrology Department, Baton Rouge, LA
- President-Elect: Donna Bednarski, MSN, RN, ANP-BC, CNN, CNP, Nephrology Nurse Practitioner, Harper University Hospital, Detroit, MI
- Immediate Past President: Sandra Bodin, MA, RN, CNN, Clinical Informatics Analyst, SMDC Health System, Duluth, MN
- Treasurer: Donna Painter, MS, RN, CNN, Regional Vice President for East Texas, Fresenius Medical Care, Corsicana, TX
- Secretary: Rowena Elliott, PhD, MSN, RN, CNN, BC, CLNC, Port Gibson, MS
- Northeast Vice President: Debra Castner, MSN, RN, APNC, CNN, Manager CKD Health & Wellness, Horizon BCBS of NJ, Farmingdale, NJ
- Southeast Vice President: Loretta Jackson Brown, MSN, RN, CNN, Lawrenceville, GA
- North Central Vice President: Molly Cahill, MSN, NP-C, APRN, BC, RN, CNN, Nurse Practitioner, ADRWC, Inc., Kansas City, MO
- Western Vice President: Nancy Pierce, BSN, RN, CNN, Dialysis Director, St. Peters Hospital Dialysis, Helena, MT
- Executive Director: Michael Cunningham, ANNA National Office, Pitman, NJ
ANNAs Regional Officers for 2008-09 are as follows:
- Northeast Chapters Coordinator: Paula Richards, MSN, RN, CNN, Clinical Manager, Fresenius Medical Care, Norristown, PA
- Northeast Chapters Coordinator-Elect: Alice M. Campanelli, BSN, RN, CNN, CURN, Renal Educator, Holy Name Hospital, Teaneck, NJ
- Southeast Chapters Coordinator: Juanita Martinez, BSN, RN, CCRN, CNN, Nephrology Nurse Clinician, San Antonio, TX
- Southeast Chapters Coordinator-Elect: Rebecca Benfield, RN, CDN, Staff Development Coordinator, Asheville Health Care Ctr., Swannanoa, NC
- Southeast Special Assistant: Charla J. Litton, BSN, RN, CCRN, CNRN, CDN, CNN, Nurse Manager, LSU Health Sciences Center, Shreveport, LA
North Central Region
- North Central Chapters Coordinator: Sharon K. Bunnell, BSN, RN, CNN, Staff Nurse/Charge Nurse, Dialysis Clinic Inc., Kansas City, MO
- North Central Chapters Coordinator-Elect: Mary Kay Larson, MSN, APRN-BC, CNN, Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood, IL
- Western Chapters Coordinator: Pete-Reuben Calixto, BSN, RN, CNN, Clinical Nurse III, UCSF, San Francisco, CA
- Western Chapters Coordinator-Elect: Sheila Doss, RN, CNN, CCRA, Director of Research and Development, Satellite Healthcare, Inc., Mountain View, CA
For more information about ANNA, visit the associations Web site, www.annanurse.org, or contact the National Office at East Holly Avenue, Box 56, Pitman, NJ 08071-0056; phone: 888-660-2660 or 856-256-2320; e-mail: email@example.com.
ANNA is a professional nursing association with over 12,000 members. Its mission is to advance nephrology nursing practice and positively influence outcomes for patients with kidney disease through advocacy, scholarship, and excellence.