FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Information: Janet D'Alesandro
(856) 256-2422; firstname.lastname@example.org
American Nephrology Nurses' Association
Announces Award Winners
PITMAN, NJ - The American Nephrology Nurses' Association (ANNA) distributed over $70,000 in nursing excellence scholarships, grants and awards at its recent 37th National Symposium in Nashville, TN.
The Outstanding Contribution to ANNA award was presented to Glenda M. Payne, MS, RN, CNN, nurse consultant, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, Dallas, TX. Payne received the award April 4 during the Nephrology Nurse Day Luncheon. This award recognizes one nurse each year who has made outstanding contributions to ANNAs goals. As the award recipient, Payne received a lifetime membership to ANNA, an ANNA logo pin and a commemorative plaque.
The Ron Brady Memorial Award for Excellence in Volunteer Leadership was presented to Molly Cahill, MSN, APN-C, RN, CNN, nurse practitioner, Arms, Dodge, Robinson, Wilber & Crouch, Inc., Kansas City, MO. Sponsored by ANNA's management company, Anthony J. Jannetti, Inc., and named in honor of ANNA's long-time executive director, this award recognizes excellence in volunteer leadership for ANNA. Cahill received $1,000 and a commemorative plaque.
Other achievement awards distributed at the symposium included the following:
- Clinical Practice Award: Sarah Dore, BSN, RN, CNN, case manager, Northwest Kidney Centers, Seattle, WA
- Nephrology Nurse Educator Award: Sara Kennedy, BSN, RN, CNN, center director/CKD educator, Davita Home Training Unit, Birmingham, AL
- Excellence in Nephrology Nursing Management Award: Glinda Stricklin, BSN, RN, CNN, clinical manager, Roper Saint Francis Healthcare, Charleston, SC
- Nephrology Nurse Researcher Award: Anita Molzahn, PhD, RN, professor, University of Victoria, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- Rehabilitation Award: Deborah Warrington, RN, CNN, Right Start coordinator, Renal Care Group, Tyler, TX
- Quality Care Award: Carol Stack, RN, staff nurse, Harper University Hospital, Detroit, MI
- Outstanding Contribution to Transplantation Nursing: Laurie Carlson, MSN, RN, transplant research coordinator, University of California at San Francisco Medical Center, San Francisco, CA
- Spirit of Nephrology Nursing Award: Marion Church, RN, CNN, clinic manager, DaVita, Dallas, TX
- Nephrology Nurse Competence in Aging Award: Terran Mathers, DNS, RN, associate professor, Spring Hill College, Mobile, AL. (This award is sponsored by the Nurse Competence in Aging Initiative)
- Representation Award: Donna Bednarski, MSN, RN, CS, CNP, CNN, clinical nurse specialist/nurse practitioner, Harper University Hospital, Detroit, MI
- ANNA Board of Directors Award: M. Sue McManus, MSN, APRN, CNN, certified family nurse practitioner and quality coordinator, Miller Medical Services, Opelousas, LA,
- Research-Based Practice Award: Terran Mathers, DNS, RN, associate professor, Spring Hill College, Mobile, AL
- Research Abstract Award: Sheila Doss, RN, CNN, director of research & development, Satellite Healthcare, Inc., Mountain View, CA
- Outstanding Chapter Recognition Award: Desert Vista Chapter (Western Region)
- Chapters Collaboration Award: Southeast Minnesota, Twin Cities Metro, Greater Minnesota, and Gitchee Gumee Chapters (North Central Region)
- Chapter Strategic Alliances Award: Dallas Chapter (Southeast Region)
- Regional Chapter Awards: Northeast Region Jersey North Chapter; Southeast Region Palmetto Chapter; North Central Region Twin Cities Metro Chapter; Western Region Big Sky Chapter
- Chapter Recruitment & Retention National Award: Desert Vista Chapter
- Chapter Recruitment & Retention Regional Awards: Northeast Region Great Lakes Chapter; Southeast Region Hub City Chapter; North Central Region Black Swamp Chapter; Western Region Desert Vista Chapter
During the symposium, ANNA also awarded its annual scholarships and grants. For a complete list, go to www.annanurse.org, (choose Members tab, click on Award/Scholarship/Grant Program, scroll to Most Recent Recipients).
For more information about ANNA, visit the association=s Web site at www.annanurse.org; call 888-600-2662, 856-256-2320; fax 856-589-7463; or e-mail email@example.com. ANNA's 38th National Symposium will be held April 22-25, 2007, at the Hilton Anatole Hotel, Dallas, TX.
ANNA is a professional nursing association with over 12,000 members. Its mission is to advance nephrology nursing practice and positively influence outcomes for patients with kidney disease processes requiring replacement therapies through advocacy, scholarship and excellence.