FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Information: Janet D'Alesandro
(856) 256-2422; email@example.com
American Nephrology Nurses Association
Inducts New Officers for 2006-07
PITMAN, NJ The new officers of the American Nephrology Nurses Association (ANNA) assumed their positions at ANNAs 37th National Symposium, April 2-5, 2006, in Nashville, TN.
The 2006-07 officers assumed their posts during the Nephrology Nurse Day Recognition Luncheon April 4. During the ceremonies, incoming ANNA President JoAnne E. Gilmore, BSN, RN, CNN, of Scottsdale, AZ, accepted the Vision Crystal from outgoing President Suzann VanBuskirk, BSN, RN, CNN, of Elkton, MD. The crystal is an ANNA tradition that symbolizes the passing of presidential responsibilities from one president to the next.
After accepting the crystal, Gilmore outlined her goals: fostering continued growth of ANNAs new Acute Care Special Interest Group, increasing educational offerings for advanced practice nurses, and developing an Open Mentorship Program for all levels of nephrology practitioners.
The members of the 2006-07 ANNA Board of Directors are as follows:
- President: JoAnne E. Gilmore, BSN, RN, CNN, Clinical Writer/Manager of Policies & Procedures, DaVita, Inc., Scottsdale, AZ
- President-Elect: Sandra M. Bodin, MA, RN, CNN, Lead Clinical Informatics Analyst, SMDC Health System, Duluth, MN
- Immediate Past President: Suzann VanBuskirk, BSN, RN, CNN, Director of Nursing Services, DaVita, Inc., Elkton, MD
- Secretary: Jenny Bell, BSN, RN, CNN, CCTC, Transplant Coordinator, Good Samaritan Transplant Services, Phoenix, AZ
- Treasurer: Norma J. Gomez, MBA, BHA, RN, CNN, Director of Education, DaVita, Inc., Homestead, FL
- Northeast Vice President: Debra Castner, MSN, RN, APNC, CNN, Team Leader, Health Wellness, ESRD/CKD, Horizon BCBS of NJ, Farmingdale, NJ
- Southeast Vice President: Cheryl Groenhoff, MSN, MBA, RN, CNN, Kidney Patient Educator, Baxter Healthcare, Renal Division, Plantation, FL
- North Central Vice President: Donna Bednarski, MSN, APRN, BC, CNN, CNP, Clinical Nurse Specialist/Nurse Practitioner, Nephrology, Harper University Hospital, Detroit, MI
- Western Vice President: Sally Campoy, MS, APRN, BC, CNN, Adult Nurse Practitioner, VA Medical Center Renal Section, Denver, CO
- Executive Director: Michael Cunningham, ANNA National Office, Pitman, NJ
ANNAs Regional Officers for 2006-07 are as follows:
- Northeast Chapters Coordinator: B. Sandra Miholics, RN, CNN, Nurse Case Manager, Renaissance Health Care, Neshanic Station, NJ
- Northeast Chapters Coordinator-Elect: Marilyn Eilert, RN, CNN, Nurse Manager, Holy Name Hospital, Teaneck, NJ
- Southeast Chapters Coordinator: Emily Hodgin, BSN, RN, CNN, CPHQ, Southeastern Kidney Council, Raleigh, NC
- Southeast Chapters Coordinator-Elect: Loretta Jackson Brown, MSN, RN, CNN, Clinical Nurse Specialist, Gwinnett Medical Center, Lawrenceville, GA
- Southeast Chapters Special Assistant: Cindy Richards, RN, CNN, Transplant Coordinator, Childrens Health Systems, Birmingham, AL
North Central Region
- North Central Chapters Coordinator: Sylvia M. Moe, BSN, RN, CNN, Dialysis Staff Nurse, Mayo Medical Center, Rochester, MN
- North Central Chapters Coordinator-Elect: Maryam Lyon, RN, CNN, Clinical Nurse Manager, Dayton Regional Dialysis, Dayton, OH
- Western Chapters Coordinator:Nancy B. Pierce, BSN, RN, CNN, Dialysis Director, St. Peters Hospital, Helena, MT
- Western Chapters Coordinator-Elect: Alice A. Luehr, RN, CNN, Staff RN, St. Peters Hospital, Helena, MT
For more information about ANNA, visit the associations Web site, www.annanurse.org, or contact the National Office at East Holly Avenue, Box 56, Pitman, NJ 08071-0056; phone: 888-660-2660 or 856-256-2320; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
ANNA is a professional nursing association with over 12,000 members. Its mission is to advance nephrology nursing practice and positively influence outcomes for patients with kidney disease processes requiring replacement therapies through advocacy, scholarship, and excellence.