FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Information: Janet D'Alesandro
(856) 256-2422; email@example.com
American Nephrology Nurses Association
Inducts New Officers for 2011-12
PITMAN, NJ The new officers of the American Nephrology Nurses Association (ANNA) assumed their positions at ANNAs 42nd National Symposium, March 27-30, at the Hynes Convention Center in Boston, MA.
The 2011-12 officers were inducted during the Nephrology Nurse Recognition Luncheon on Tuesday, March 29. In keeping with the associations tradition, incoming President Rowena Elliott, PhD, RN, CNN, BC, CNE, of Hattiesburg, MS, accepted ANNAs Vision Crystal from outgoing President Donna Painter, MS, RN, CNN.
During her address, Elliott described her goals for her term, which include increasing collaborative relationships with other organizations, boosting membership, and developing future ANNA leaders.
Also inducted were Glenda Payne, MS, RN, CNN, of Duncanville, TX (national president-elect); Charla Litton, MSN, APRN, FNP-BC, CCRN, CNN, of Haughton, LA (national treasurer); Paula Richards, MSN, RN, CNN, of Perkasie, PA (Northeast vice president); Phyllis Wille, MS, RN, FNP-C, CNN, of Champaign, IL (North Central vice president); Caroline Steward, MSN, RN, APN-C, CCRN, CNN, of Ewing, NJ (Northeast chapters coordinator-elect [CCE]); Rebecca Benfield, BA, RN, CDN, of Mills River, NC (Southeast CCE); Caprice Vanderkolk, MS, RN, BC-CNA, of Oregon, WI (North Central CCE); and Maria Gonzales, RN, CNN, of Visalia, CA (Western CCE).
View complete list of ANNAs Board of Directors with photos.
2011-12 ANNA Board of Directors
- President: Rowena Elliott, PhD, RN, CNN, BC, CNE, Hattiesburg, MS; Associate Professor, University of Southern Mississippi
- President-Elect: Glenda M. Payne, MS, RN, CNN, Duncanville, TX; ESRD Technical Advisor, CMS
- Immediate Past President: Donna Painter, MS, RN, CNN, Corsicana, TX; Regional Vice President for East Texas, Fresenius Medical Care
- Treasurer: Charla Litton, MSN, APRN, FNP-BC, CCRN, CNN, Haughton, LA; Family Nurse Practitioner, Care Improvement Plus
- Secretary: Sharon Longton, BSN, RN, CNN, CCTC, Southgate, MI; Data Manager/Transplant Coordinator, Harper University Hospital
- Northeast Vice President: Paula Richards, MSN, RN, CNN, Perkasie, PA; Clinical Manager, Fresenius Medical Care
- Southeast Vice President: Juanita Martinez, BSN, RN, CCRN, CNN, San Antonio, TX; Nephrology Nurse Clinician, Alamo Kidney Health
- North Central Vice President: Phyllis Wille, MS, RN, FNP-C, CNN, Champaign, IL, Nursing Faculty, Danville Area Community College
- Western Vice President: Alice A. Luehr, BA, RN, CNN, Helena, MT; Staff RN, St. Peters Hospital
2011-12 ANNA Regional Officers
- Northeast Chapters Coordinator: Robert W. MacKinnon, RN, CNN, Billerica, MA; Group Facility Administrator, Davita
- Northeast Chapters Coordinator-Elect: Caroline A. Steward, MSN, RN, APN-C, CCRN, CNN, Ewing, NJ; Nurse Practitioner
- Southeast Chapters Coordinator: Cindy Richards, BSN, RN, CNN, Birmingham, AL; Transplant Coordinator, Childrens Health Systems
- Southeast Chapters Coordinator-Elect: Rebecca (Becki) Benfield, BA, RN, CDN, Mills River, NC; retired
North Central Region
- North Central Chapters Coordinator: Mary Houglum, RN, CDN, South Range, WI; Education Coordinator, Fresenius Medical Care
- North Central Chapters Coordinator-Elect: Caprice Vanderkolk, MS, RN, BC-CNA, Oregon, WI; Program Director of Renal Services, SSM Healthcare of Wisconsin
- Western Chapters Coordinator: Sheila Doss, BSN, RN, CNN, CCRA, San Jose, CA; Nursing Director of Research, Satellite Healthcare, Inc.
- Western Chapters Coordinator-Elect: Maria Gonzales, RN, CNN, Visalia, CA; Renal Specialist, Kaweah Delta Healthcare District
For more information about ANNA, visit the associations Web site, www.annanurse.org, or contact the National Office at East Holly Avenue, Box 56, Pitman, NJ 08071-0056; phone: 888-600-2662 or 856-256-2320; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
ANNA is a professional nursing association with over 11,000 members.Its mission is to promote excellence by advancing nephrology nursing practice and positivelyinfluence outcomes for individuals with kidney disease.