FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Information: Janet D'Alesandro
(856) 256-2422; firstname.lastname@example.org
American Nephrology Nurses Association
Inducts New Officers for 2010-11
PITMAN, NJ The new officers of the American Nephrology Nurses Association (ANNA) assumed their positions at ANNAs 41st National Symposium, May 2-5, 2010, at the Grand Hyatt San Antonio & Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center in San Antonio, TX.
The 2010-11 officers were inducted during the Nephrology Nurse Recognition Luncheon on Tuesday, May 4. In keeping with ANNAs tradition, incoming President Donna Painter, MS, RN, CNN, of Corsicana, TX, accepted ANNAs Vision Crystal from outgoing President Donna Bednarski, MSN, RN, ANP-BC, CNN, CNP.
During her address, Painter described her goals for her term, which include encouraging more of ANNAs 12,000 members to get involved in advancing the association and the specialty, as well as reaching out to other nephrology nurses to join ANNA.
Also inducted were Sharon Longton, BSN, RN, CNN, CCTC (national secretary); Juanita (Janie) Martinez, BSN, RN, CCRN, CNN (Southeast vice president); Alice Luehr, BA, RN, CNN (Western vice president); Robert MacKinnon, RN, CNN (Northeast chapters coordinator-elect [CCE]); Cindy Richards, BSN, RN, CNN (Southeast CCE); Mary Houglum, RN, CDN (North Central CCE); and Sheila Doss, BSN, RN, CNN, CCRA (Western CCE). View list of ANNAs Board of Directors with photos.
2010-11 ANNA Board of Directors
- President: Donna Painter, MS, RN, CNN, Corsicana, TX; Regional Vice President for East Texas, Fresenius Medical Care
- President-Elect: Rowena Elliott, PhD, RN, CNN, BC, CNE, Hattiesburg, MS; Associate Professor, University of Southern Mississippi
- Immediate Past President: Donna Bednarski, MSN, RN, ANP-BC, CNN, CNP, Canton, MI; Nurse Practitioner Nephrology, Harper University Hospital
- Treasurer: Molly Cahill, MSN, NP-C, APRN, BC, RN, CNN, Leawood, KS; Nurse Practitioner, ADRWC Inc.
- Secretary: Sharon Longton, BSN, RN, CNN, CCTC, Southgate, MI; Data Manager/Transplant Coordinator, Harper University Hospital
- Northeast Vice President: Kim Alleman, MS, APRN, FNP-BC, CNN-NP, Lebanon, CT; Nurse Practitioner, Hartford Hospital Transplant
- Southeast Vice President: Juanita Martinez, BSN, RN, CCRN, CNN, San Antonio, TX; Nephrology Nurse Clinician
- North Central Vice President: Sylvia Moe, BSN, RN, CNN, Rochester, MN; Self Care/Home Training, Mayo Medical Center
- Western Vice President: Alice A. Luehr, BA, RN, CNN, Helena, MT; Staff RN, St. Peters Hospital
2010-11 ANNA Regional Officers
- Northeast Chapters Coordinator: Paula Richards, MSN, RN, CNN, Perkasie, PA; Clinical Manager, Fresenius Medical Care
- Northeast Chapters Coordinator-Elect: Robert MacKinnon, RN, CNN, Billerica, MA; Facility Administrator, DaVita NE Cambridge
- Southeast Chapters Coordinator: Charla Litton, MSN, APRN, FNP-BC, CCRN, CNN, Haughton, LA; Family Nurse Practitioner
- Southeast Chapters Coordinator-Elect: Cindy Richards, BSN, RN, CNN, Birmingham, AL; Transplant Coordinator, Childrens Health Systems
- Southeast Special Assistant: Ruben Encino BSN, RN, San Antonio, TX; Clinical Staff Nurse, VA Hospital
North Central Region
- North Central Chapters Coordinator: Sharon Bunnell, BSN, RN, CNN, Pleasant Hill, MO; CKD Program Manager, Primaris
- North Central Chapters Coordinator-Elect: Mary Houglum, RN, CDN, South Range, WI; Education Coordinator, Fresenius Medical Care
- Western Chapters Coordinator: Niki Kobes, BSN, RN, CNN, Anchorage, AK; Clinical Manager, Fresenius Medical Services
- Western Chapters Coordinator-Elect: Sheila Doss, BSN, RN, CNN, CCRA, San Jose, CA; Nursing Director of Research, Satellite Healthcare, Inc.
For more information about ANNA, visit the associations Web site, www.annanurse.org, or contact the National Office at East Holly Avenue, Box 56, Pitman, NJ 08071-0056; phone: 888-600-2662 or 856-256-2320; e-mail: email@example.com.
ANNA is a professional nursing association with over 12,000 members. ANNA will promote excellence by advancing nephrology nursing practice and positively influence outcomes for individuals with kidney disease.