Contact: Linda Alexander
856-256-2300, ext. 2411 email@example.com
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
American Nephrology Nurses' Association Announces Award Winners
PITMAN, NJ - The American Nephrology Nurses' Association (ANNA) recognized outstanding nurse members and scholars with more than $108,000 in excellence scholarships, grants and awards at its 40th National Symposium in San Diego, CA, in April.
Caroline Counts, MSN, RN, CNN, received the Outstanding Contribution to ANNA award for her commitment and dedication to ANNA, including as National President, which have contributed to ANNAs goals. Counts is a clinical research coordinator with the Division of Nephrology, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC. As the award recipient, Counts received a lifetime membership in ANNA, an ANNA logo pin and a commemorative plaque.
The Ron Brady Memorial Award for Excellence in Volunteer Leadership was presented to Marilyn Eilert, RN, CNN, hemodialysis staff nurse, Holy Name Hospital, Teaneck, NJ. Marilyn was recognized for her dedication to mentoring future leaders. Sponsored by Anthony J. Jannetti, Inc., the award is named in honor of ANNA's long-time executive director.
Other achievement awards distributed at the symposium included the following:
- Nephrology Nurse Educator Award: Presented posthumously to Barbara Prowant, MS, RN, CNN, Sturgeon, MO; Research Associate, University of Missouri
- Excellence in Nephrology Nursing Management Award: Mary Perrecone, MS, RN, CCRN, CNN, Rexford, NY; Nurse Manager, Albany Medical Center Hospital
- Nephrology Nurse Researcher Award: Kathy Morawski, BSN, RN, CNN, Clinton Township, MI; Harper University Hospital
- Quality Care Award: Deborah Trudell, BSN, RN, CNN, Calhoun, GA; Nurse Manager, Harbin Clinic
- Outstanding Contribution to Transplantation Nursing Award: Cindy Richards, BSN, RN, CNN, Birmingham, AL; Transplant Coordinator, Childrens Hospital
- Spirit of Nephrology Nursing Award: Annette Vigneux, MScN, RN, NP, Toronto, Ontario; Nurse Practitioner,The Hospital for Sick Children
- Research Sharing Award: Jeannine Farina, MSN, RN, Monroeville, PA; Clinical Educator, Baxter Healthcare Corporation
- Kelly McManus Memorial Award: Sheila Doss, RN, CNN, San Jose, CA; Nursing Director of Research, Satellite Healthcare
- Research Abstract Award: Daria Kring, PhD, RN-BC, Greensboro, NC; Director of Nursing Research, Forsyth Medical Center
- ANNA Board of Directors Award: Angela Taylor-Smith, BSN, RN, CNN, Lawrenceville, GA; Home Therapy Nurse, Fresenius Medical Care
- Representation Award: Nitaya Soeprono, RN, BC, CNN, Colton, CA; Dialysis/Aphresis Charge Nurse, Loma Linda University Medical Center
- Nephrology Nursing Journal Writers Awards
- Clinical Practice: Laurie Carlson, MSN, RN, San Francisco, CA; Transplant Study Coordinator, University of California San Francisco (Clinical Management of the HIV-Positive Kidney Transplant Recipient, November-December 2008)
- Education: Mary S. Haras, MS, MBA, APN, NP-C, CNN, Chicago, IL; Faculty, Saint Xavier University School of Nursing (Planning for a Good Death: A Neglected but Essential Part of ESRD Care, September-October 2008)
- Research: Anita E. Molzahn, PhD, RN, Edmonton, Alberta; Dean and Professor, University of Victoria School of Nursing, Victoria. Co-authors: Anne Bruce, PhD, RN, and Laurene Shields, PhD, RN (Learning from Stories of People with Chronic Kidney Disease, January-February 2008)
- Outstanding Chapter Recognition Award: Acadiana Chapter (Southeast Region)
- Chapters Collaboration Award: North Carolina Chapters (Southeast Region)
- Chapter Strategic Alliances Award: Three Rivers Chapter (Northeast Region)
- Regional Chapter of the Year Awards: Northeast Region Keystone Chapter; Southeast Region Dogwood Chapter; North Central Region Heart of America Chapter; Western Region Desert Vista Chapter
- Chapter Recruitment & Retention National Award: Tidewater Chapter (Southeast Region)
- Regional Chapter Recruitment & Retention Awards: Northeast Region Mountain State Chapter; Southeast Region Tidewater Chapter; North Central Region Greater Minnesota Chapter; Western Region Northern Lights Chapter
ANNA's 41st National Symposium will be held May 2-5, 2010, at the Grand Hyatt San Antonio and Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center, San Antonio, TX. For more information about ANNA, visit the association's Web site at www.annanurse.org; call 888-600-2662, 856-256-2320; fax 856-589-7463; or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
ANNA is a professional nursing association with over 12,000 members. Its mission is to advance nephrology nursing practice and positively influence outcomes for individuals with kidney disease through advocacy, scholarship, and excellence.