Contact: Linda Alexander
856-256-2300, ext. 2411 firstname.lastname@example.org
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
American Nephrology Nurses Association Inducts New Officers for 2009-10
PITMAN, NJ The new officers of the American Nephrology Nurses Association (ANNA) assumed their positions at ANNAs 40th National Symposium, April 26-29, 2009, at the Hilton San Diego Bayfront Hotel and San Diego Convention Center in San Diego, CA.
The 2009-10 officers were inducted during the Nephrology Nurse Recognition Luncheon on Tuesday, April 28. In keeping with ANNAs tradition, incoming President Donna Bednarski, MSN, RN, ANP-BC, CNN, CNP, of Canton, MI, accepted ANNAs Vision Crystal from outgoing President Sue Cary, MN, APRN, NP, CNN.
During her address, Bednarski outlined goals for her term, which include expanding resources to members using ANNAs new online networking site, ANNA Connected, and fostering the associations growth during challenging economic times.
Also inducted were Donna Painter, MS, RN, CNN (president-elect); Molly Cahill, MSN, NP-C, APRN, BC, RN, CNN (treasurer); Kim Alleman, MS, APRN, FNP-BC, CNN-NP (Northeast vice president); and Sylvia Moe, BSN, RN, CNN (North Central vice president).
2009-10 ANNA Board of Directors
A complete list of the 2009-10 ANNA Board of Directors is as follows:
- President: Donna Bednarski, MSN, RN, ANP-BC, CNN, CNP, Canton, MI; Nurse Practitioner Nephrology, Harper University Hospital
- President-Elect: Donna Painter, MS, RN, CNN, Corsicana, TX; Regional Vice President for East Texas, Fresenius Medical Care
- Immediate Past President: Sue Cary, MN, APRN, NP, CNN, Baton Rouge, LA; Adult Nurse Practitioner, Ochsner Nephrology Department
- Treasurer: Molly Cahill, MSN, NP-C, APRN, BC, RN, CNN, Leawood, KS; Nurse Practitioner, ADRWC Inc.
- Secretary: Rowena Elliott, PhD, RN, CNN, BC, LNC, Hattiesburg, MS; Associate Professor, University of Southern Mississippi
- Northeast Vice President: Kim Alleman, MS, APRN, FNP-BC, CNN-NP, Lebanon, CT; Nurse Practitioner, Hartford Hospital Transplant
- Southeast Vice President: Loretta Jackson Brown, MSN, RN, CNN, Lawrenceville, GA; Chief Nurse, Dobbins Air Force Reserve Base
- North Central Vice President: Sylvia Moe, BSN, RN, CNN, Rochester, MN; Self Care/Home Training, Mayo Medical Center
- Western Vice President: Nancy Pierce, BSN, RN, CNN, Elliston, MT; Dialysis Director, St. Peters Hospital Dialysis
- Executive Director: Mike Cunningham, Pitman, NJ
2009-10 ANNA Regional Officers
A complete list of ANNAs Regional Officers for 2009-10 is as follows:
- Northeast Chapters Coordinator: Alice M. Campanelli, BSN, RN, CNN, CURN, Dumont, NJ; Renal Educator, Holy Name Hospital,
- Northeast Chapters Coordinator-Elect: Paula Richards, MSN, RN, CNN, Perkasie, PA; Clinical Manager, Fresenius Medical Care
- Southeast Chapters Coordinator: Rebecca Benfield, RN, CDN, Mills River, NC; Nurse Manager, DCI Spartanburg
- Southeast Chapters Coordinator-Elect: Charla Litton, BSN, RN, CCRN, CNRN, CDN, CNN, Ringgold, LA; Consultant, LSU Health Sciences Center
- Southeast Special Assistant: Melissa Foster, BSN, RN, CNN, Murfreesboro, TN; Right Start Case Manager, Fresenius Medical Care
North Central Region
- North Central Chapters Coordinator: Mary Kay Larson, MSN, APRN-BC, CNN, Naperville, IL; Loyola University Medical Center
- North Central Chapters Coordinator-Elect: Sharon Bunnell, BSN, RN, CNN, Pleasant Hill, MO; CKD Program Manager, Primaris
- Western Chapters Coordinator: Sheila Doss, RN, CNN, CCRA, San Jose, CA; Nursing Director of Research, Satellite Healthcare, Inc.
- Western Chapters Coordinator-Elect: Niki Kobes, BSN, RN, CNN, Anchorage, AK; Clinical Manager, Fresenius Medical Services
For more information about ANNA, visit the associations Web site, www.annanurse.org, or contact the National Office at East Holly Avenue, Box 56, Pitman, NJ 08071-0056; phone: 888-600-2662 or 856-256-2320; e-mail: email@example.com.
ANNA is a professional nursing association with over 12,000 members. Its mission is to advance nephrology nursing practice and positively influence outcomes for individuals with kidney disease through advocacy, scholarship, and excellence.