FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Linda Alexander
856-256-2300, ext. 2411 firstname.lastname@example.org
American Nephrology Nurses' Association Announces Award Winners
PITMAN, NJ - The American Nephrology Nurses' Association (ANNA) distributed more than $90,000 in nursing excellence scholarships, grants and awards at its 38th National Symposium in Dallas, TX.
The Outstanding Contribution to ANNA award was presented to Nancy Sharp, MSN, RN, FAAN, a consultant with Sharp & Associates, Bethesda, MD. Sharp received the award April 24 during the Nephrology Nurse Day Luncheon. This award recognizes one nurse each year who has made outstanding contributions to ANNAs goals. As the award recipient, Sharp received a lifetime membership to ANNA, an ANNA logo pin and a commemorative plaque.
The Ron Brady Memorial Award for Excellence in Volunteer Leadership was presented to Deborah Bowe, RN, CNN, clinical administrator, The Kidney Institute of Wisconsin, Glendale, WI. Sponsored by ANNA's management company, Anthony J. Jannetti, Inc., and named in honor of ANNA's long-time executive director, this award recognizes excellence in volunteer leadership for ANNA. Bowe received $1,000 and a commemorative plaque.
Other achievement awards distributed at the symposium included the following:
- Clinical Practice Award: Christine Sutich, APN/CNS, CNN, clinical nurse specialist, Southwest Nephrology Associates, Evergreen Park, IL
- Nephrology Nurse Educator Award: Deborah Brouwer, RN, CNN, director, therapeutic and clinical programs, Renal Solutions, Inc., Warrendale, PA
- Excellence in Nephrology Nursing Management Award: Deborah Bowe, RN, CNN, clinical administrator, The Kidney Institute of Wisconsin, Glendale, WI
- Kelly McManus Memorial Award: Susan Vogel, MHA, RN, CNN, administrator, South Valley Regional Dialysis Center, Encino, CA
- Nephrology Nurse Researcher Award: Heather Beanlands, PhD, RN, Associate Director, Scholarly Research and Creative Activities, Ryerson University, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Quality Care Award: Fides Pangilinan, RN, staff nurse, Harper University Hospital, Detroit, MI
- Outstanding Contribution to Transplantation Nursing: Cynthia Wright, RN, CCRC, CNN, transplant coordinator, Dallas Nephrology Associates, Carrollton, TX
- Spirit of Nephrology Nursing Award: Alice Luehr, BA, RN, CNN, staff nurse, St. Peters Hospital, Helena, MT
- Representation Award (two awards):Alice Luehr, BA, RN, CNN, staff nurse; and Nancy Pierce, BSN, RN, CNN, dialysis director, St. Peters Hospital, Helena, MT
- ANNA Board of Directors Award: Lisa Carter, MA, BSN, RN, nurse manager, Mayo Medical Center, Rochester, MN
- Research-Based Practice Award: Terran Mathers, DNS, RN, associate professor, Spring Hill College, Mobile, AL
- Research Abstract Award: Charlotte Thomas-Hawkins, PhD, RN, assistant professor, College of Nursing, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ
- Outstanding Chapter Recognition Award: Jersey North Chapter (Northeast Region)
- Chapter Strategic Alliances Award: Black Swamp Chapter (North Central Region)
- Regional Chapter Awards: Northeast Region Keystone Chapter; Southeast Region Dallas Chapter; North Central Region Heart of America Chapter; Western Region San Joaquin Chapter
- Chapter Recruitment & Retention National Award: Keystone Chapter (Northeast Region)
- Chapter Recruitment & Retention Regional Awards: Northeast Region Keystone Chapter; Southeast Region Blue Ridge Chapter; North Central Region Dakota Chapter; Western Region Sawtooth Chapter
During the symposium, ANNA also awarded its annual scholarships and grants. For a complete list, go to www.annanurse.org, (choose Members tab, click on Award/Scholarship/Grant Program, scroll to Most Recent Recipients).
For more information about ANNA, visit the association's Web site at www.annanurse.org; call 888-600-2662, 856-256-2320; fax 856-589-7463; or e-mail email@example.com. ANNA's 39th National Symposium will be held April 27-30, 2008, at the Philadelphia Marriott and Pennsylvania Convention Center, Philadelphia, PA.
ANNA is a professional nursing association with over 12,000 members.Its mission is to advance nephrology nursing practice and positively influence outcomes for patients with kidney disease through advocacy, scholarship, and excellence.