FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Information: Janet D'Alesandro
(856) 256-2422; firstname.lastname@example.org
American Nephrology Nurses Association Inducts New Officers for 2007-08
PITMAN, NJ The new officers of the American Nephrology Nurses Association (ANNA) assumed their positions at ANNAs 38th National Symposium, April 22-25, 2007, in Dallas, TX.
The 2007-08 officers were inducted during the Nephrology Nurse Day Recognition Luncheon April 24. During the ceremonies, incoming ANNA President Sandra Bodin, MA, RN, CNN, of Superior, WI, accepted the Vision Crystal from outgoing President JoAnne Gilmore, BSN, RN, CNN. The crystal is an ANNA tradition that symbolizes the passing of presidential responsibilities from one president to the next.
After accepting the crystal, Bodin outlined her goals which include reviewing and updating ANNA's Strategic Plan; hosting a critical issues conference to evaluate the association's programs, products, and organizational structure; publishing new editions of both the Core Curriculum for Nephrology Nursing and the Nephrology Nursing: Guide for Professional Development; creating a volunteer database to be known as the ANNA Resource Corps; and encouraging members to embrace health informatics and technology in order to improve patient safety and outcomes.
The members of the 2007-08 ANNA Board of Directors are as follows:
- President: Sandra Bodin, MA, RN, CNN, Lead Clinical Informatics Analyst, SMDC Health System, Duluth, MN
- President-Elect: Sue Cary, MN, APRN, NP, CNN, Adult Nurse Practitioner, Ochsner Nephrology Department, Baton Rouge, LA
- Immediate Past President: JoAnne Gilmore, BSN, RN, CNN, Clinical Writer/Manager, Policies & Procedures, DaVita, Inc., Scottsdale, AZ
- Treasurer: Donna Painter, MS, RN, CNN, Regional Vice President for East Texas, Fresenius Medical Care, Corsicana, TX
- Secretary: Jenny Bell, BSN, RN, CNN, CCTC, Transplant Coordinator, Banner Good Samaritan Transplant Services, Phoenix, AZ
- Northeast Vice President: Debra Castner, MSN, RN, APNC, CNN, Supervisor CKD Health & Wellness, Horizon BCBS of NJ, Farmingdale, NJ
- Southeast Vice President: Cheryl Groenhoff, MSN, MBA, RN, CNN, Kidney Patient Educator, Baxter Healthcare Renal Division, Plantation, FL.
- North Central Vice President: Molly Cahill, MSN, NP-C, APRN, BC, RN, CNN, Nurse Practitioner, ADRWC, Inc., Kansas City, MO
- Western Vice President: Sally Campoy, MS, APRN, BC, CNN, Adult Nurse Practitioner, VA Medical Center Renal Section, Denver, CO
- Executive Director: Michael Cunningham, ANNA National Office, Pitman, NJ
ANNAs Regional Officers for 2007-08 are as follows:
- Northeast Chapters Coordinator: Marilyn Eilert, RN, CNN, Unit Director, Holy Name Hospital, Teaneck, NJ
- Northeast Chapters Coordinator-Elect: Paula Richards, MSN, RN, CNN, Clinical Manager Central Pennsylvania Acute Hemodialysis Program, Fresenius Medical Care, Plymouth Meeting, PA
- Southeast Chapters Coordinator: Loretta Jackson Brown, MSN, RN, CNN, Care Manager, Renaissance Health, Lawrenceville, GA
- Southeast Chapters Coordinator-Elect: Juanita Martinez, BSN, RN, CCRN, CNN, Nephrology Nurse Clinician, San Antonio, TX
North Central Region
- North Central Chapters Coordinator:Maryam Lyon, RN, CNN, Clinical Nurse Manager, Dayton Regional Dialysis, Dayton, OH
- North Central Chapters Coordinator-Elect: Sharon K. Bunnell, BSN, RN, CNN, Staff Nurse/Charge Nurse, Dialysis Clinic Inc., Kansas City, MO
- Western Chapters Coordinator:Alice Luehr, RN, CNN, Staff RN, St. Peters Hospital, Helena, MT
- Western Chapters Coordinator-Elect: Pete-Reuben Calixto, BSN, RN, CNN, Clinical Nurse III, San Francisco, CA
For more information about ANNA, visit the associations Web site, www.annanurse.org, or contact the National Office at East Holly Avenue, Box 56, Pitman, NJ 08071-0056; phone: 888-660-2660 or 856-256-2320; e-mail: email@example.com.
ANNA is a professional nursing association with over 12,000 members.Its mission is to advance nephrology nursing practice and positively influence outcomes for patients with kidney disease through advocacy, scholarship, and excellence.