- Monitors, identifies, and addresses local, state, and federal legislative and regulatory activities that could impact general nursing practice, nephrology nursing practice, and individuals affected by kidney disease. Updates and assists the Health Policy (HP) Advisor with evaluation and potential action.
- Coordinates educational activities and oversees development of materials to educate individuals involved in health policy decision-making about ANNA and chronic kidney disease.
- Identifies the need for, recommends, and develops position statements on state and federal legislative issues important to ANNA.
- Promotes the membership’s understanding of issues affecting nephrology nursing practice and encourages member involvement at all levels.
- Manages presentation of ANNA’s positions related to state and federal legislation and health policy in the Nephrology Nursing Journal, ANNA Update, ANNA E-News, ANNA Web site, CapWiz, and other venues.
- Promotes and manages ANNA’s legislative efforts through HP Advisors, Chapter HP Representatives, and the Capitol Gang.
- Upon request of the National President or Board of Directors (BOD), represents ANNA and nephrology nursing on legislative and regulatory matters that affect general nursing practice, nephrology nursing practice, and individuals affected by kidney disease. These actions are to be guided by ANNA's HP Agenda and adopted position statements.
See Role Description for committee member qualifications, selection criteria, and responsibilities.