- Promotes the development of research-based nephrology nursing practice congruent with the Nephrology Nursing Scope and Standards of Practice, including educational programming that unites practice, education, and research, promoting the completion and publication of research, working toward an evidence-based practice, including facilitating use of research findings in practice.
- Assists in the development and implementation of an ANNA research agenda and makes recommendations to the Board of Directors (BOD).
- Coordinates the solicitation of applicants and nominees and selection of recipients of research- related awards and grants.
- Provides guidance and mentoring for the novice researcher.
- Addresses issues that affect nephrology nursing research by developing position statements or guidelines for ANNA concerning such issues as directed by the BOD.
- Represents ANNA and serves as a resource to other professional and health policy groups when issues related to nephrology nursing research are concerned, as directed by the National President or BOD.
See Role Description for committee member qualifications, selection criteria, and responsibilities.