To provide funds for clinical practice projects that will directly benefit staff, patients, and/or families. Eligible projects include, but are not limited to, Continuous Quality Improvement projects designed to improve clinical practice or projects to design, implement, or evaluate staff and/or patient education programs, research utilization, or outcomes evaluation.
Three grants of up to $2,500
- Candidates must apply for the grants.
- Current full member of ANNA, having been a member for a minimum of the last 2 years as of the awards/scholarship application deadline.
- Actively involved in nephrology nursing related health care services.
- Project may be new or a project in progress.
- Proposed projects may be used to meet requirements for an academic agree.
- The application must include:
- A clear description of the project including the specific aim or goal of the project.
- Feasibility of the project.
- Description of the project's clinical significance and potential to improve practice.
- Relevance or relationship of the project to ANNA's Nephrology Nursing Standards of Practice and Guidelines for Care.
- A critical examination of current practice related to the project.
- Itemized budget explaining how this award will be used.
Expectations of the Recipient
- Results of the project will be shared with the membership by:
- Submission of a clinical abstract for presentation of the project at the National Symposium (poster or verbal presentation); or
- Submission of a manuscript for the Professional Issues section of the Nephrology Nursing Journal.