One grant sponsored by Nursing Economic$, The Journal for Health Care Leaders
To support a qualified ANNA member to attend the annual Nurse in Washington Internship (NIWI) program. Sponsored by the Nursing Organizations Alliance, the NIWI program provides nurses the opportunity to learn how to influence health care through the legislative and regulatory processes. Participants learn from health policy experts and government officials, network with other nurses, and visit members of Congress. For more information about the NIWI program, visit The Alliance website at www.nursing-alliance.org.
- Registration for internship
- Reimbursement of expenses for travel, hotel (double occupancy), and per diem
- Candidates will apply for the internship.
- Be a current full member of ANNA, having been a member for a minimum of the last 2 years as of the awards/scholarship application deadline date.
- Actively involved in nephrology nursing related health care services.
- Has not attended NIWI in the past 2 years.
November 15, 2013
- Submit a letter of application to the ANNA National Office at email@example.com (ATTN: Casey Pladus) addressing the following criteria:
- Evidence of current activity in the legislative arena on the local, state, or national levels.
- Strong communication skills.
- Willingness to be partnered with a member of the ANNA Health Policy Committee for the calendar year following NIWI, and to serve on a future ANNA Health Policy Committee.
- Ability to meet the time requirements for preparation for NIWI.
- Describe how the internship will help in his/her current clinical role and his/her role in ANNA.
- Include a professional photograph (head and shoulder view only) with the application.
- The selected intern will be notified by the President-Elect.
- The selected intern will be required to submit a report describing how they plan to use and/or have used their experience at NIWI to benefit ANNA. Reports will be due within 60 days of the close of the meeting.