General Instructions (Selection is based on this information only)
- Please use additional paper, 8 1/2" x 11" only, to provide the essay letter of application, relating to specific criteria for each scholarship or grant. You must meet the scholarship or grant criteria for your application to be considered. Submit typed copy only.
- Members may apply for more than one scholarship and grant. All Career Mobility Scholarships (201–207, 209, 214) will be considered on one application. Other scholarships/grants require separate applications since their criteria is different.
- Recipients will be required to sign an agreement for use of the funds as established by ANNA.
- All scholarship funds will be disbursed directly to the institution where the recipient is attending following the National Symposium.
- Recipient assumes all tax liabilities associated with the receipt of these funds.
- All information is strictly confidential and will not be returned. Please furnish proper documentation and ensure that the information presented in your application packet can be verified independently by ANNA.
- Travel funds are not available unless specified.
- Scholarship winners will be notified by early March.
See detailed eligibility criteria for each scholarship and/or grant on the ANNA website.
Online Application Completion Instructions
A completed online application consists of:
- The submission of this form entitled, "Application for Scholarships and Grants."
- One copy of your typed essay letter of application relating to the specific criteria for the award. This essay letter should identify the grant/scholarship for which you are applying.
- One copy of all supporting documents that are required for the scholarship/grant such as transcripts, documentation from your institution, etc. See specific criteria relating to the scholarship/grant. You may also mail these documents.
- Three (3) Scholarship Applicant Recommendation Forms - For scholarships requiring letters of recommendation, the Scholarship Applicant Recommendation Form is available online at www.annanurse.org. The scholarship applicant must request recommenders to complete the form. Recommenders must send it directly to the ANNA National Office. Letters of recommendation that are attached by the applicant to the application(s) will NOT be reviewed. These must be sent separately.
- One 8x10 professional photograph (head and shoulders view, black & white or color).
- One blinded copy of the application form and essay as described above, collated for each grant/scholarship applied for. Please remember, scholarships 201-207, 209, and 214 will be considered on one application. (The supporting documents and Applicant Recommendation Forms as described in #3 and #4 above do not require blinding). To be blinded for review, all identifying information must be deleted. Your name, institution, place of employment, chapter, city, and state must be removed. The application will not be reviewed if the blinded copy contains any identifying information.
Suggestion: For your typed essay letter of application, save it as a document on your computer. Then, using the "original" document, replace all identifying information with and save as a different document. Print 1 copy of this "blinded" document.
All applications for scholarships and grants require blinding.
Please note funds will be sent following the National Symposium by ANNA directly to the recipient's designated school with a letter outlining the terms of the funds, followed by a second letter at the end of the academic semester to reconcile the dispersal of the scholarship funds.
All application materials must be submitted online or postmarked by October 15, 2013 to:
Angela Kurosaka, Awards, Scholarships, and Grants Chairperson
ANNA National Office
East Holly Avenue Box 56
Pitman NJ 08071-0056
Fed Ex or UPS Mailing Address:
200 East Holly Avenue
Sewell NJ 08080