The University of Virginia Medical Center in Charlottesville is seeking an Assistant Nurse Manager for the Kidney Center.
- Support the nurse manager in administrative duties of the unit, especially during off shifts.
- Provide leadership by collaborating with members of the health care team to maintain standards for professional nursing practice in the clinical setting.
- Participate in organizational and unit based quality improvement activities, and provide input on standards of care.
- Ability to provide patient care when needed; must remain competent in clinical skills as demonstrated by weekly patient care shift assignments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing.
- 3-5 years of experience in the nursing field required.
- Experience in dialysis and/or nephrology required.
- License and certificate from the state for nursing.
- American Heart Association BLS certification required.
- A diploma or certification course in administration recommended.
- Participation in professional organizations recommended.
- Employment in this position is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check and drug test.
Salary range for this role is $ 63,939.20/yr - $102,294.40/yr
The University of Virginia is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.