These learning modules have been developed by the American Nephrology Nurses' Association (ANNA) to provide the nephrology nurse with education and tools to address key nursing care needs and discuss critical issues with patients and their families. Each module also offers continuing nursing education (CNE) credit. Please note which modules are available as independent studies and/or live activities.
Chronic Kidney Disease: What Every Nurse Should Know
Note: For CNE purposes, these modules are available as independent studies only.
This series is designed to support the learning needs of nurses who care for nephrology patients in alternative settings. The learning modules address the nursing care needs of the chronic kidney disease (CKD) patient in settings outside of nephrology or dialysis. Given the magnitude of the population afflicted with CKD and the variety of settings in which these patients are found, the contents of each module will be of benefit to nurses caring for nephrology patients in many settings. The following modules are available:
- Module 1: Stage 5 Chronic Kidney Disease - Hemodialysis in the Long Term Care Setting
- Module 2: Stage 3 & 4 Chronic Kidney Disease
- Module 3: Stage 1 & 2 Chronic Kidney Disease
- Module 5: Stage 5 Chronic Kidney Disease - Pediatrics: Children Have Kidney Failure Too
- Module 6: Chronic Kidney Disease - The Post Transplant Patient
- Module 7: Chronic Kidney Disease: Nursing Guidelines for Patient Education
End-of-Life Decision-Making and the Role of the Nephrology Nurse
Note: For CNE purposes, these modules are available as both independent studies and for ANNA chapter or group presentation as live activities.
This series was designed to provide the nephrology nurse with education and tools to discuss end-of-life issues with patients and their families. The following modules are available:
- Module 1: Techniques to Facilitate Discussion for Advanced Care Planning (ACP)
- Module 2: Ethical and Legal Aspects of Advanced Care Planning (ACP)
- Module 3: Cultural Diversity: Different Cultures, Different Solutions
- Module 4: Coordination of Hospice and Palliative Care in ESRD
|The Research Learning Modules are currently being revised and updated. We apologize that this process has taken longer than anticipated, but we're sure you'll be pleased with the results!|
Note: For CNE purposes, these webinars are available as independent studies only.
ANNA is offering select webinars as online independent studies.
American Nephrology Nurses' Association is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.