Board of Directors
Volunteer Opportunities with ANNA's Board of Directors
Board of Directors Resident
(formerly Emerging Nephrology Nursing Professional Fellow)
- Role Description
- Apply for the Position
- Learn more about this role!
Virginia Henry, BSN, RN, who served as the first Resident on the 2021-2022 ANNA Board of Directors, reflects on her experience through a podcast. ANNA's second Resident, Tanisha Leonard, MSN RN, who served on the 2022-23 ANNA Board of Directors, shares her insights in an ANNA Update article.
- Listen to Virginia's podcast interview.
- Read Tanisha's article.
Call for Nominations for National Board of Directors
Applications are due July 1. If your completed pack is not received by July 1, you will not be considered for candidacy.
The Nominations Committee is seeking qualified member candidates for the upcoming ANNA national election. Candidates are needed for the following positions:
President-Elect (3-year commitment ~ 1-year term each as President-Elect, President, and Immediate Past President)
- Role Description
- Realities National President-Elect
- Realities of the Position ~ President
- Realities of the Position ~ Immediate Past President
Director (3-year commitment) ~ one position available
Candidate Criteria & Requirements
More information about the eligibility criteria and requirements to run for a national officer position in ANNA -
Timeline for Candidacy Materials
- Consider discussing the position with the present officer of the role in which you are interested. For names and contact information, contact Emily Parry at the ANNA National Office (888-600-2662 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Review the qualifications and policies related to candidacy, above.
- Verify that your ANNA membership is current, your certification is current, and all information in your online profile is up to date.
- Candidates must submit the Application for Candidacy for National Offices using the online application no later than July 1.
- Candidates will be notified when their application is completed.
- The Nominations Committee will review the applications of potential candidates and recommend the slate of candidates by July 15.
- Ballots will be distributed on October 30 with voting deadline of November 13.
- Candidates will be notified by telephone of the election results on November 14.
- Elected officers will begin orientation to their roles at the February Board of Directors meeting.
- Officers will assume their elected positions following the ANNA National Symposium.
Candidate Application Process
Click on the links below to access the candidate application documents:
The Application for Candidacy is an online form that enables you to enter and save the requested information. You may begin the application process and add information at a later date as required until the application is complete. You also will attach required documents within the application. If you experience any difficulty submitting an application, please contact Emily Parry at the ANNA National Office at 888-600-2662 or email@example.com.
Required Documentation for the National Candidate Application
The online application requires the candidate to complete fields for:
- Attestation that the candidate understands and agrees to comply with the policies and procedures relating to candidacy and the BOD position of interest.
- Agreement to comply with campaign policy and guidance
- Conflict of interest disclosure and electronic signature
- Biographical data, personal information, and eligibility criteria related to the position
The following documents are required to be uploaded into the online application.
- Professional color headshot photograph (high resolution photo suitable for printing)
- Copy of diploma of highest degree earned
- Copy or verification of a current RN license
- Copy of current CNN, CDN, CNN-NP, CCTC, or other nephrology certifications
- Current curriculum vitae or resume which must contain a listing and description of all ANNA leadership roles
- Campaign poster promotional copy and write up in bullet format only (maximum 250 words)
Please note: All required documentation must be submitted by July 1. An application is not complete until all required documents are submitted.
If you have questions regarding the application or need assistance, contact Emily Parry at the ANNA National Office (888-600-2662 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
If you have questions regarding the nominations process, please contact Glenda Payne, email@example.com, Nominations Committee Chair.